Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.caseyssolicitors.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. The processing of personal data was governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 up to 25th May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It comes into force on 25th May 2018.
Casey’s Solicitors are registered as data controllers with the Information Commissioner Office. Full detail of GDPR and data protection requirements can be found on the Information Commissioner Office website:
We comply with our obligations by keeping the personal data we hold up to date; storing, and destroying it securely, by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data, protection personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure, and ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect the personal data we process.
You have the right to request details about the personal information we hold about you, and subsequently request that we correct any personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
In order to fulfil our functions, and your instructions within a case we will have to share personal data with other organisations. These organisations include other solicitor’s firms, experts employed to carry out assessments and reports in your case, other government departments, local authorities, private or voluntary sector organisations engaged to deliver services. This personal data is only shared when the law allows.
To request a copy of your personal information please refer to the Information Commissioner Office website and make your request at the same time to these offices. We will then deal with your request in accordance with our data protection policy.
Our policy is to protect your privacy when using our website, and is outlined below:
- We do not collect personal information automatically
When you visit our website, it’ll automatically log you IP address and information about your visit, such as the time, the pages viewed, and the browser used. But all this information is collected anonymously and does not identify you as an individual. We do not use any information for marketing purposes, or mail shots.
Cookies are not used on our site (cookies are automated tools which enable websites to identify and track individual visitors, sometimes without their knowledge). The Information Advertising Bureau website provides more information about cookies. The IAB site also tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
- We safeguard any information that you provide to us
If you choose to instruct us, we will handle any personal data that you provide to us as follows:
- Your data will be used for the service you have requested.
- If you are private individual, we may send you further information but only if we have obtained your details in the course of, or in negotiations for, providing a service to you, and if the information is about a similar service. Otherwise, we will obtain your explicit consent first.
- Your personal information will be held securely and will be safeguarded against unauthorised use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- We will not disclose your details to third parties without your explicit consent, unless they are experts instructed in the case.
- You can opt out or update your details at any time
You can correct your details, at any time. This applies whether you are a private individual or a member of an organisation.
- We are not responsible for other sites to which ours is linked